The Medusa myth is one that many of us may know a little about – her violation in Athena‘s temple and and her curse of snake hair but going deeper, we see that Medusa was and always will be so much more.
Medusa predates the Greek stories that include Athena, Poseidon, and Perseus. What insight do those myths give us? And what about the myth we know? Are the snakes a punishment or protection? Is she empowered or tortured by Athena? Is she a victim, heroin, seductress, or a warrior? Medusa is none of those things and she is all of those things.
She is you. She is me. She is all of us, and next Saturday we will gather to reclaim Medusa and reclaim each other as we reclaim the stories through play.
- Preview for the London conferencem.facebook.com/story.php I’m super excited and a bit nervous to be presenting June 10th.
- Saturday – June 10th, London time
- Spring has SPRUNG and we’re getting BUSY!I haven’t been working on the website, I haven’t been making art to sell, and it would seem like I’ve been absent, but I’ve been busy working on art withContinue reading “Spring has SPRUNG and we’re getting BUSY!”
- Sorry I’ve MIA – I’ll be back.
- Spring is here
- Kintsugi at the lodge April 2023